Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day


One of the greatest earthly gifts GOD has given me was the gift of my husband Mike. Today on Father's Day, even though he is not my dad, and not the father of my children, he has jumped in and given my three children the same love and devotion as if he had given life to them. I am celebrating him and who he is. He is the dad I always wished for my children. I am celebrating who God has made him to be and the love that GOD spreads on us through Mike. Mike is loving, kind, oh so funny, the smartest man I know, witty, compassionate, discerning, full of knowledge and wisdom, handsome, honest, open, can say when he's wrong, and maybe a little stubborn at times. He loves the Lord with his whole heart, seeks HIS face and will daily, and LOVES ME EXTRAVAGANTLY! I adore this man and have the honor of spending the rest of my life with him, enjoying all 8 of our kids and growing family of future spouses and grandchildren.

1 comment:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

Just as an outside observer, I have been touched by Mike's love for Sam and Paul. I remember we were all still in college when Mike first came into their lives...and even from a distance, I have seen how they've fallen in love with him as the years have gone by. Mike, you are truly a gift to your big, uniquely blended family...and you're an incredible example of Jesus to the rest of us. Happy Father's Day!