Saturday, November 8, 2008

Yawn!

What is the appropriate greeting at 3 am? Good morning? Good middle of the night?

Well whatever, here I am. I can't sleep and I think I'm getting sick. I have that vague sore throat thing that happens to you at the early onset of getting sick with something? It's funny, I have been in and out of Stanford over the last 8 months and except for cancer and the side effects of treatment I haven't been sick at all. So I decide I should go see my primary, General Practitioner doctor guy to have a regular check-up and WHAM I am getting sick. I guess that figures since those kind of offices are where all the really sick people go with their colds and flu and da kine. It's all good.

Today is the day Jacob and Mariah are having their baby. So I am sitting here drinking herbal tea (lemon ginger) eating chewable vitamin C's. I have also taken some zinc. All this in an effort to avoid going down with some random disease. My hope is not to be quarantined from our new granddaughter. But as in everything, it is out of my hands.

So if you are reading this blog this morning, Saturday, PLEASE PRAY for Mariah that she would have an easy labor and for Addie, that she would come into this world easily and healthy. And Jacob to have peace while this is happening to his wife and daughter.

I was talking to my "old" friend Eugene yesterday. We were tripping on the fact that it was Jacob's 28th birthday. Crazier yet is Sarah will be 31 next week. Dang, how did that happen? The kids are grown up and are having kids themselves. What was cool in my conversation with Eugene was I could share how blessed I am today to have not just 3 kids but 6 great children (adults), let me make that 8 counting Mariah (Jacob's wife) and Lauren (Paul's wife). I am so proud of each of them. They are all amazing people. And the numbers keep growing. Paul and Lauren are just 2 months away from the next grandson showing up. Please pray for them, too!

My life is good in spite of me. Every day is a gift, sore throat or no. I have a sweet relationship with Christ, an AWESOME wife, great kids and amazing friends. For me that's what is important.

Can I suggest that you call, e-mail or go by and see somebody today you haven't connected with in a while. Somebody who is important to you and let them know that they are. Love'm today.

Hold fast

Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the granddaughter! So exciting and so cool to see what Jacob looks like all grown up. That's a trip. It's been good to see you at church. Would love to share a meal together. Melissa W. is really enjoying her time with your wife and it makes me wish I knew her. :-)

Love, Ruth