Thursday, October 9, 2008

Whew

Well yesterday was C-Day. The results were all good!

When I was going through radiation treatment they initially wanted me (and all the other patients) to wear those stupid hospital gowns over my street clothes. You know those flimsy, ill-fitting things that somehow tie in the back. Yikes!! It took one time for me to figure out a) I didn't like wearing them and b) I didn't have to wear one, so I didn't! I would go in for treatment, peel off my t-shirt (leaving my jeans on) and I was good to go. Yesterday they made me wear one of those things but with no clothes :(I) The whole tie in the back with strings too short to deal with, blows my mind. So I'm walking down the hall holding my bag of clothes in one hand and desperately clutching the back of that stupid gown with the other trying to keep my butt covered. Torture!!

Thanks for your continued love, support and prayers.

Hold Fast

Mike

1 comment:

Anna said...

You know... in South African hospitals you never know what you'll find - beds not much wider than a stretcher, no food, no vending machines, no pain medication... but at LEAST the gowns, while covered in flowers, cover all of your body parts! The question is, would you rather wear a floral print gown that covered your bum, or a plain one that didn't? Love you guys! - Angela