Tuesday, July 15, 2008

No more whining!


It is pretty difficult to have something to say every day on the blog.  Especially when life is confined to the house and yard.  I guess you could say I am on a short leash.  I have been doing the very thing I talked about the other day in Proverbs 18:1, laying low and not reaching out to others.  So yesterday I busted loose.  I got in my car and drove to my office just to check in and say hi.  I got to see everybody there, including the Gazarians (the business' owners) who usually aren't there on Mondays.  I have been truly blessed by their family and the organization.  It was so good to see everyone.

My good friend Jim Falco came by this morning and we had a great visit. It breathed new life into me today. I avoid talking because my throat and mouth are so dry that it makes it difficult to carry on a conversation, but the real difficulty is that because I feel that I am so out of touch with what is going on, it's easier not to talk period. I am going to stop this today. You are hearing it here first, I am committing to reaching out daily and getting a life again. I need a life, and am going to push myself daily to heal and reconnect. Whine whine whine........and I'm not talking about drinking! 

Look forward to some uplifting phone calls and blog entries. I am done with my whining and complaining.....I'm sick of my own thoughts, and am turning into a grumpy old man, I even snapped at Susan today for no real reason except that I can be a dog sometimes.  Susan says that she didn't marry an old fart so I need to snap out of it.  So consider it done...I DO need to snap out of it and start living again! No more going fetal for me. Here's a picture of my granddaughter Katie and I the other day. She's beautiful isn't she?

Love you guys, Hold Fast! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright, I tried to resist temptation. I succeeded yesterday, but now I'm giving in....
Want some cheese to go with that whine???
I'm praying for you, Mike. I can't claim to totally understand, but I do know about getting out of my comfort zone. It's rarely fun at first. Hold Fast, Mike. It happens one day @ a time!