Friday, July 18, 2008

Every morning I get up wanting to hear from God  and sometimes it seems that it is more silent than others. When God seems silent. Is He really silent at all? I have been reading in Exodus and walking through the wilderness with the Israelites. In past times of uncertainty, I have read through the wilderness walk many times and loved it, grown and related to it. I am there again. I love that God's word speaks right to my heart. God isn't silent, He never is. It's more "am I listening? am I quiet enough to hear?" Gods evidence of love is all around me screaming " I am here! I love you! I'm in control! Be still for I AM GOD!

God took the Israelites the long route to the promise land, because He knew them and what was best for them. He never left them, provided for them every step of the way, and yet they complained. ( 40 years in the wilderness was a long time, but they were complaining from the first week) They were never satisfied for long. They would praise Him one day and would be dissatisfied the next. How much am I like that?  Too much I'm afraid. I have to wonder would it have been different if they had not rebelled and complained against the Lord. Would they have seen the promise land sooner? Without complaining they most certainly would have enjoyed their life more. Complaining robs me of so much energy and joy.

I can see the love of the Lord all around us in our wilderness, we are only 4 months in it,and still I want to be done. Please pray that we do not get weary and that we would not complain and grumble against our circumstances. We want to be in a place of acceptance today and everyday for what the Lord has for us. Whatever it is, however long it takes. His ways are perfect and He is providing our every need. It's the wait and the uncertainty that is hard. 
God is never silent, He is loving and speaking to us, calling out to us everywhere, I see it and know it full well right now. (It's 8am now,  will I feel the same way this afternoon? or will I give in to my own unstable thoughts) I do not want to complain and grumble in my heart. I want to walk out this wilderness experience trusting fully the promises of my GOD all day everyday. 
(I woke up with "Arise" on my heart by Shane and Shane. It's a great song)
Have a great day, Love, susan

No comments: