Monday, July 21, 2008

Comedy of life

Good morning.

How about those pictures?  My beautiful wife is such a comedian.  When I saw the picture she posted yesterday of me laying on the raft it made me think of that movie Weekend at Bernie's.  Hmm . . it is not a very flattering picture but these days I guess that as good as it gets for now!  It really is funny to watch her in action as she takes and posts these photos - it makes me laugh.  There is an old Yiddish proverb that says "What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul."  You ought to see me looking into the mirror making faces.  It's like I am looking at a complete stranger and he is definitely funny looking.

On another note, I am excited about my new hat that has a broad brim all the way around to keep the sun off my head and neck.  Yep, it's true I am really pumped about that hat.

Also I was pretty stoked about eating.  Yesterday I ate a fried egg with a little bit of bread.  That is an answer to prayer and it tasted pretty good.  I tried a bite of baked chicken last night and it tasted incredible but swallowing it . . . . . YIKES!!  And this morning I ate a piece of French toast (no crust).  It took a while to get it down and it had to be soaked in maple syrup but I did it.  Trust me it is way better than Boost!

Clearly I am making progress. 

Thank you to all of you for your continued support and prayers for us.  We are hoping for good news on August 11 and so we wait on the Lord.

Hold fast

Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! to being able to eat some food. I'm so grateful to hear you're doing a little bit better & finding the humor in living.

A joke for today:
An elderly woman had just returned to her home from an evening of religious service when she was startled by an intruder. As she caught the man in the act of robbing her home of its valuables, she yelled, "Stop - Acts 2:38!" (..turn from your sin...) The burglar stopped dead in his tracks. The woman calmly called the police and explained what she had done.
As the officer cuffed the man to take him in, he asked the burglar, "Why did you just stand there? All the old lady did was yell a scripture to you."
"Scripture?" replied the burglar, "She said she had an AXE and two 38's!"