Monday, July 28, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Good morning!
Before this whole cancer thing I would be up with my first cup of coffee by 5 am every morning. These days, if I see 5 am I just roll over and go back to sleep.  And I have been coffee-less for four months.  But it's all good.  This morning though I woke up and didn't go back to sleep.  I got up, took the dog outside and was blessed by the serenity of the new day.  It is a beautiful morning here.  The horizon is getting bright as sunrise approaches; the early birds are chattering and I think I am one of the few people stirring.  The neighborhood is completely quiet.  The air is calm and the temperature is summer cool, refreshing but not cold.  There is a crescent moon directly overhead.  I love this time of day.  This is a great way to start the morning!
When we were in Maui there was nothing better than walking on the beach at daybreak.  A great time to be alone with God and to marvel and appreciate His creation.  Wow!
Still haven't had any coffee, I think I am done with it.  My very good friend Steve told me he has quit coffee (again).  For as amped up as we get on it and the headache that comes if we don't get our "fix" maybe it's not all that good for us anyway.
Everyday it seems like there is progress.  The pain in my throat is lessening.  I am eating more stuff - Susan made fillet of sole and veggies last night.  The sole was awesome, green beans were great (they need to be way overcooked) but the spinach not so much.  I ate cottage cheese which was pretty good.  So a little bit at a time.  I am grateful my taste buds are working at all.

My friend Kurt sent me the following verses - 1Corinthians 16:13-14 - "Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.  Let all that you do be done with love."

Have a great day!  Call a friend and encourage them today.

Hold fast

Mike  

1 comment:

Maui Real Estate Resource said...

Correction Mike, I am back sliddin on the coffee. I am down to one cup and ready to make the jump to no coffee. Pray for me.
p.s.
emial me your PH# I lost it.

Hopelessly lost to Java